Sign in to follow this  
capross

No ground cable? plus a couple other questions..

I just put my mh721 all together, and there is no ground cable to connect to the stand..

Also, should the rollers be making an impression in the vinyl?  I noticed that they are, and have released the pressure on the springs some, but it hasn't fully gone away yet.  I'm a bit worried on loosening the springs too much..

And for plain old 3 mil vinyl, what downforce are you all using?  Trying to dial it in with the blade depth and pressure..

Thanks!

Just some quick answers...I think they have problems at times with the chinese manufacturer not including a ground cable, any piece of small wire will do though so to me its not that big of deal, just grab one strip the ends and ground the cutter.

Yes...the rollers will imprint....its ok the marks will be gone after you apply.  Don't loosen too much it can cause things to slip.  I have mine crimped pretty hard and I have yet to have the machine mark the vinyl after it had been applied.

Downforce will vary widely compared to how much blade you have out.  I run around 100-120 downforce depending on color and barely barely barely have my blade out, as little as I can get away with.  This is how my machine cuts best but each machine is different.  Experiment and experience are the best teachers IMO as far as blade pressure and depth are concerned.  My first set of intricate decals with tiny text that I sold I about pulled my hair out til I got it to cut good....but man did I learn alot.

Good luck.

Thank you!

I have no problem with making my own grounding cable, but I don't know where to connect it to the cutter itself..  Is there a specific screw that it's supposed to go on?

Any screw on the underside of the cutter chassis to any screw on the stand.  This is if you have a grounded outlet 3 prong outlet, which most houses now do have that.  If you do not have a 3 prong grounded outlet I would suggest running a separate ground, if you need help doing that let me know.

Any screw on the underside of the cutter chassis to any screw on the stand.  This is if you have a grounded outlet 3 prong outlet, which most houses now do have that.  If you do not have a 3 prong grounded outlet I would suggest running a separate ground, if you need help doing that let me know.

Thank you!  I do have a grounded outlet, and even though the house was built by cheap morons, they did get the wiring right...  I'm off to make a ground cable now..