Sign in to follow this  
designed

new signcut/pro version beware

Kimon I am in need of trying the new version sign cut will cut a vector art I have greatly last week and yet tearing vinyl up today.  Had to use SB to get job done.

The error your discussing is prevalent with the import machines and is happens with many different brands of software Flexi and Signblazer included. You are welcome to try the new version again, we extended out your license for the full term of your subscription version last week. In our new version we changed the way the files are sent to allow the import machines to better understand the files by effectively dumbing down the files as they are transferred allowing the import plotters to better understand them, We certainly hope this helps you.

One thing to note, install and leave the settings in their default settings and if you make changes change one setting at a time so that if you encounter a problem you can reverse the changes easily. Should you have trouble drop me an email or contact support at anytime.

Yes I have had that problem in SB before also so I sent the file to another computer and used SB on another cutter and it worked on one but not the other...Strange!  I been using the pro version of signcut flawlessly.  I hear you if I change things it will be one at a time ok.  Thank you

Great glad to hear it.

I see your in Reno - my old stomping grounds. Went to UNR in the late 70's early 80's. Much has changed there the last time I drove through.

OOOO yes just built the new student union building and knowledge center there between the two about 175 million.  Lots of building in reno a booming town.  I am an electrician during the day and signs at night.

I am back from a 2 week well deserved sunny holiday without cutter and putter. :D

But that does not take away my brains are not working.

Kimon regarding the new features in Pro.

1] Would it be possible to make a section where the cutter could be tested with out knife down?

So if machine does not work just start PRO to test USB or serial communication and go to the cut section and mark "TEST WITH KNIFE UP".

This saves putting in a scrap vinyl or the pen plotter for simple diagnostics.

2] The new pro has the animation function to see what the cutter does very very very nice.

Guys if you not have tried this give it a go.

All functions set are taken in account.

But if people complain that in some large jobs the machine freaks and destroys vinyl as it randomly stops or makes funny cuts. Maybe less in the pro version due to the new way to dump the data but....

For trouble shooting would it be an idea to have a KNIFE UP function just to see if repeatable problems with large jobs can be cured without destroying vinyl?

The machines with a laser pointer could use the light spot of the laser pointer as the knife spot instead of the position of the knife?

Let us know your opinion.

Do not know if other users are liking this knife up and test fucntion too.

Just my 2 cents,

Paco