Sign in to follow this  
mgh_123

Importing from CorelDraw 11 to SignCut (Mac)

Hi!

I've just purchased a new Creation PCUT with SignCut. I'm using CorelDraw 11 on my Mac to create designs but am having trouble importing them into SignCut. I've tried exporting the designs as .ai files, but when I open in SignCut I'm either shown a fully grey screen or the background of my Corel design without the design itself.

I read elsewhere in these forums about a direct import button in Corel, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is it available in Corel 11?

Any tips on how to get my designs into SignCut would be appreciated (I haven't actually got to test if the plotter actually works yet!  :huh:)

Thanks.

Sorry just finding your post now, the best avenue for support of signcut is to email support@sc-x2.com.

To export directly from Corel 11 you need to install the plugins for Signcut, they install automatically if you have installed Signcut after Corel and you may access them from the Application launcher in Corels Standard Toolbar usually located at the top of the screen in Corel.

You might take a look at the pictures included in this FAQ to find the Application launcher for your version of Corel. http://www.signcutpro.com/component/option,com_quickfaq/Itemid,69/cid,4/id,4/view,items/

While I prefer to launch SignCut from Corel on my PC, I have used the method you attempted too with issues. My solution was to export in AI 8 format, does the problem still occur for you, if attempted in this format?