Sign in to follow this  
mcpreacher

mh721 not supporting even smaller files

Has anyone else had this problem?

My 721 will cut a very small file (one or two short lines of text) fine, but if it gets even moderately larger the thing locks up during the download.  I can "finish", reduce the amount of text, and start over and it usually works. Today I was cutting just a phone number, 3 1/2 inches high, x 14 in. long.  It quit partway thru. I hit finish, started over without changing anything, and it worked fine!  I'm not using any of the weeding features.

I can usually cut about 3-4 lines of text, 1 1/2" high x 14 long as long as all the fonts are identical.  Any bigger, or any differences in the fonts, and it's lock up time.

I'm really concerned what's going to happen when I get some larger jobs. I can just guess what will happen if I have to tile something.

could this be due to static?  Memory problem? Just too little memory to start with?  Would a different type of usb cable make a difference?

If you have any possible answers, please help!

thanks

I was thinking about the link (usb cable), so went online to see what options there might be. 

I found usb-serial cables and usb-parallel cables.  Would either of these be superior to a straight usb-usb link like I'm using? (my computer has no available serial or parallel plugs - only usb).

thanks

preacher

Guest crshirts

I use a usb to serial connection for my cutter.

I'm not sure how big memory is on yours but

my 12" cutter is small. Memory upgrade would be good

idea.

Carl

What software are you using to cut with. If you are using Signcut we would invite you to try our newest release Signcut Productivity Pro. Feel free to register for and download a trial version here http://www.signcutpro.com/trial.html, once installed please test with a file you have had trouble with in the past. We have changed the way we send information to import machines, basically dumbing down the information so they understand the information better. If the trial helps you simple open a ticket by emailing support@sc-x2.com with your old license number and your new trial license and we will transfer over your subscription to our new version.

thanks for the responses. all helpful.  I decided to install a serial card in my computer to see what would happen, and it now works perfectly.  my local computer guy said the usb was basically sending toomuch info too fast and overwhelming the cutter.

thanks again.