Sign in to follow this  
hardcase1

Head hits red kill button on PCut 630

Please help me out. I as just setting up my 630 and am not able to get anything to cut from the computer. Cutting head always goes to left (facing cutter) and hits kill button, which puts it in waiting. I have tried everything but it still hits kill button. Any way to adjust the position of the head? I hope that helps me out. I can cut manually, but not from computer.

Turn off. Manually move cutter away. turn back on. wait til it loads. hit offline. then the target looking button to mak enew home position. done.

I followed your instructions but as soon as I sent something from the computer to cut it immediately went to the left side (facing cutter) and hit the red kill button, sending it into "waiting".  I tried several times. :huh:

I finally got the head in the right place. Finally got to send something to cutter, but it quit cutting after cutting just one letter and went back to the left red kill button. What's am I doing wrong?

Are you using sign blazer?

Vinyl should be placed to the right (from the front.) as close to the red button as possible. so like an inch away. That's where your vinyl edge should be on that side. The object to cut should be no longer then the amount of vinyl you have width wise. Unless of course you rotate the object vertically so the height is no longer then the width of vinyl.

Hope this makes sense.

The blade holder will try to go to that red button if you make the decal wider then it is. Dimensions of object are on the bottom of signblazer to make smaller or larger. try cutting something in the 3 to 5 inch range to gt the hang of it.

Make sure you don't have any design elements far away from your intended cut area. (especially if they are the same color as the part you intend to cut)

I finally got the head in the right place. Finally got to send something to cutter, but it quit cutting after cutting just one letter and went back to the left red kill button. What's am I doing wrong?

Which cutting program are you using?

Thank you for the info.  I was having the exact same problem and fixed it in 2 min.  Appreciate the help and I am now cutting away.