Sign in to follow this  
Kysmiley

MH 721 with USB connection

Another question I have connected to my laptop through the USB port. When I select cutter with sign blazer it shows the cutter but not what USB port it is using. Again not like the laser point. Any ideas or do I need to go into my control panel/system to find out what usb port the cutter is using every time i turn on the cutter.

Pat

I ran into this problem with the laser point at one time but forgot how It was fixed. It seems every time I send the file to the cutter, the printer icon appears in the system tray. When I open it, it appears that the file is being sent to one of the printers and not the cutter. How do I fix this

Pat

Check your Device Manager in the POrts category to see which COM port # Windows assigned to the USB connection, so you can pick the correct one in SignBlazer.

Sound slike you have picked USB001 or USB002, and these are for your printer....not your cutter.

Yup, and typically, at least in the case of my desktop and my 3 laptops, 99% of the time a com port pretty much stays with the usb port... for instance everytime I plug my 721 in a particular port I get com 6.

Wayne