Sign in to follow this  
WREKDgrafix

what happens here.. logo attached

i don't know what i am doing wrong but i have text and then i offset path so i have an outline and then i change the color so when i go to signcut i will have two colors and when i get to signcut, it puts some of the inside objects to black instead of yellow.. what am i doing wrong

SIMPLE_WREKD.eps

SIMPLE_WREKD.eps

I dont know how Signcut works, but in SB, I have to ungroup objects when I stroke or offset paths and then re-combine them using the Pathfinder tool in illy to create separate compound objects.

ok mustang whatever you did that was it.. so what am i doing wrong because it happened to another logo i was doing for a customer.. i ended having to clear a virus of my laptop pc and do it in signblazer...

ok so i originally made the text, converted to outline, went to offset stroke, miter 2 or 3pts. , merged it so i don't have over lapping lines and that is what i was left with.. what did you do when you got the logo...thank you

chris

I just took the one you posted opened it in x4 selected all the black text and combined then grouped the red and black together and sent it to signcut to check it out and it looked fine

alright,, sounds good, how would i have done that in illi... i have a mac so i can't have corel... i thought it would be nice having this mac.... so i thought..

alright,, sounds good, how would i have done that in illi... i have a mac so i can't have corel... i thought it would be nice having this mac.... so i thought..

Select all the text of a certain color, make sure it is fully above or below the other color, click "Add to shape area" in the Pathfinder toolbar (you may need to open this if you dont already have it open), and then click "expand" in the same toolbar.  Do this for both the colors.  This will make each color a complete compound object.

ok when i do this it doesn't work.. i have illi cs4 if it matters. i even made it all new and created the text, created outlines, hit add to shape area, offset path, highlighted all of the outline merged, add to shape area, it looked good, all welded up and when i saved it and went to signcut it looks just like the other one..

is there anyother good programs besides cs4 illi and inkscape for macss>8)B)

i am lost and this is really frustrating me a lot.. it is holding me back..

thankyou

chris