JimB

New Grounding Solution

So I just got my stand-less PCUT in this afternoon, and I'm slowly working through the setup.  For the time being, it will be located on a wooden desk in my carpeted bedroom.  This threw a few red flags when I considered how the cutter would handle static electricity.  Since I have no metal stand to ground the chassis to, I simply made my own grounding wire.

P1030883.jpg

P1030880.jpg

I have mine sitting on a wooden desk in a carpeted room and have not had any issues.

I have a LP24 on a wooden stand in a carpeted room -- never a glitch (except the loose connection between the chair and keyboard  :thumbsup: )

before that I had a PCut on a metal stand in the same room -- no static issues there either.

Some people are just lucky I guess.

Yeah, I figure better safe than sorry.  The cutter is connected to a surge protector, so I have more than enough outlets to accommodate a dedicated ground line.

Got the cutter set up and did a few graphics I made last week.  Looks good so far.  Just have to adjust the offset now.

bk2design: You're from Hampton Roads? So am I.

bk2design: You're from Hampton Roads? So am I.

Yeah, I'm in VA (shaking from a russian booster rocket) Beach. Where you at?

I'm up on the peninsula in Poquoson, although I go to school at VT.

If ya have any problems with the pcut let me know and I can run up there and help you out.

So far so good.  The only static shock I've experienced has been me rubbing my socks on the carpet and then touching the grounded chassis of the cutter.  B)