Sign in to follow this  
firefighter1138

dragging object creates multiple copies HELP!!!!!

Using Corel X3.  For example when I draw a rectangle the click on it to move it it leaves a trail of multiple copies of the same thing.  How can I turn this off. 

Thank you,

Jim

I have used corel for years and have never experienced this.  Sometimes the program will act up a bit...I save my progress, close it out, restart my puter, then everything is ok. 

To make copies of and object I click on it holding down my left mouse button and then right click with my mouse...Could this be an issue with your mouse?

Sounds more to me like memory issue, with either your computer or your graphics card. One or the other doesn't have enough free memory to render properly.

kevin

I had this happen to me once I only have 2gigs of memory and it only happened once and I use corel everyday.  I ended up rebooting and problem gone.

I had this happen once in X3 when I was using a dingbat font.  I wanted to use a character that looked like a spider.  I every time I went to drag the character, it created multiple copies as it moved along - not just trails on the screen, but actual objects.  I tried rebooting (more than once) but it was something with that character.  I gave up on that particular dingbat and have never experienced that issue since.  I have a decent XP workstation with 2 GB RAM and Duo Core Processor.

I've had this happen a couple of times. Once it was related to an errant temp file.  Corel doesn't always clean up after itself.  With Corel closed, go to your Local temp file directory and your Windows temp file directory and delete everything in them.  It's not a bad idea to do that on a regular basis anyway.  If that doesn't work, you may have a corrupt workspace.  Try starting a new workspace with a unique name.

Good Luck :lol:

Oh yeah, one other thing. You wouldn't happen to be pressing the spacebar while you drag. That will do it too.