Cutrix

Layering Graphics

Please help. I am trying to outline a vector graphic (flames) in SignBlazer Elements. I know I have to layer my colors but I can't seem to do it in SBE like I can with text. With text, I use the Expand/Outline/Inline option and it works fine but with a graphic

saved in Illustrator 8 it does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This forum has helped me so much and I thank you!

Here's what I'm trying to get:

Thanks Bruce,

Here is my original Illustrator file. Like I said before. I'm Just trying to put a black(or any other color) outline around the flames.

Thanks for all your help.

flames.ai

flames.ai

That ai format can't be imported into SignBlazer. It is actually a PDF file. To get it into SignBlazer I opened it in Adobe Illustrator and copied it to the clipboard and then pasted into SignBlazer.

You are right, it does not create an outline in SignBlazer. I'm not sure what the problem is.

To work around this I double clicked on the flames to open the node editor and then clicked on the select button again. This will usually fix any path problems. Now it can be outlined ok.

flames.zip

flames.zip

:)Thanks so much Bruce. That did it. That is kinda wierd how you have to double click on it first though. But hey, no big deal.

Appreciate it again.