Sign in to follow this  
getmegoing

Loading Vinyl & setting size & origin Creation PCUT

I think I have been spoiled by my old cutter (Graphtec)till it died (RIP)  ... If someone could point me in the right direction, I know I will figure it out & understand it.

After I load my vinyl and set the rollers..... how do I set the cutter for material size & where to start cutting. My Graphtec measured material and set starting origin automatically.....

Thank you wise ones!!!

You have to set the cut area/roll size in whatever cutting program you are using.  Use the keypad on the machine to set the origin.  If X Y is at 0.00 then the that is where it will start cutting.

What cutting program are you using? I'm using Sign Blazer and can help you with that, but lost as far as the other programs are concerned!

Renee

Guest JogaShop

how do i set the cut area/roll size in signblazer or in the actual pcut and do i load the vinyl facing up underneath the pinch rollers right?? how far out does the vinyl needs to be a lil bit passing the cutting blade maybe??

Where does the Black box needs to be set before starting to cut?

also standing in front of the pcut i load vinyl from behind top left side correct? if not how?? bTW im working with 15" wide rolls on a pcut 25"

Thanks in advance i really need the help

I have attached a pdf of what im trying to do

Outside banner.pdf

Outside banner.pdf

from front: load vinyl on the right side (pen closest to the red button) do not touch the red button though. This is an emergency stop button, so go to an inch of it. Set machine offline and push the arrows until you get it situated, leave just a little bt of vinyl past the blade so it doesnt get stuck on the cutting strip. then hit the target button (centre), put it back online. Have the

Now once that is all done plug the usb in, i find this works better then having it always plugged in.

in Signblazer all you are going to do is load the graphic you want to cut and you will see on the bottom of the program the dimensions of it. It's in inches so don't make it over the width of the vinyl. Then hit cutter on the top menu. changes to show a drawing of the machine and the vinyl. This isn't exact so don't go by it. you chould already have set ur dimensions beforehand. To have it cut length wise onto more vinyl (say like over 24" you have to rotate the graphic before hitting cutter.) now hit cut! and then cut tile.

watch it cut! and tune the blade with a lil graphic first. do like a 1.5X1.5 graphic first so you dont waste too much vinyl.