Sign in to follow this  
smee

simple two layer text.

Okay, to the cutting and design gurus of the world this is gonna seem like a dumba#@e question, but I really need some help.

I have made a simple two layer text design in Inkscape, vectorised it and saved as an eps.  So far so good!!

I have imported it to Flexistarter 8.5, now I want to break the layers apart to be able to send them to the cutter one at a time.

Is this possible and if so, how? Or do I have to something different at the Inkscape level?

Eagerly awaiting a reply from ye wise old(?) oracles of the sign making world!!

Jules

when you hit the cut/plot button it will open up the cutting window, then you can select the colors in the corner to send. Of course, select the color you want to cut, load that paper, then send. And repeat for all colors.

No question is dumb!  :thumbsup:

Well now! Doesn't that sound simple!! I'll give it a try.

Seriously thankyou!...O wise one!!

How do I select the "colour in the corner".Which of the four tabs should I be looking at? I have managed to cut the bottom layer just fine, but when I try to cut the top layer it cuts the bottom layer lines as well. 

3 more grey hairs

Jules

How do I select the "colour in the corner".Which of the four tabs should I be looking at? I have managed to cut the bottom layer just fine, but when I try to cut the top layer it cuts the bottom layer lines as well. 

3 more grey hairs

Jules

Sounds like you have some hidden lines in your image.

Post up your file that your cutting, and I'll take a look at it.

Hey I DID IT!!! I get what you mean by select colour in the corner.  Thanks heaps! Top job!

I'll get the hang of this yet.

FYI... down towards the bottom of the production manager page(where there are those 4 icons, such as mirror cut, and rotate image options), I think one of those button will change the settings to cut by color, or cut everything. So if you are ever having troubles trying to cut a multi-color design, try clicking on that button.

I found if I went to the options tab in the cut/plot menu and selected single panel,single job and then went back to the general tab up in the top right corner of the panel to be cut, just under the scroll up/down arrow, the two colours were shown as tiny little squares. you click on those to select the colour you want.  Too easy!  Had to get my totally computer illiterate husband to figure it out. How embarrasing.  His answer to solving a problem like this is to click on eveything possible. This time it worked, other times.....well  let not dwell on the disasters.