Sign in to follow this  
CyberChuck

PCut 630 Stand Question

I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase a stand for my PCut 630. I would like to know the actual dimensions of the stand. I have a feeling it is taller than I am looking for. I'd like to have a stand with a total height of around 3 feet (including the cutter). I may have to build one myself.

Charlie

I would highly recommend a stand!

When I bought my pcut, I opted to not get the stand, and I'm still kicking myself in the arse.

My refine on the stand is a total height of 42".

I was actually hoping for a shorter stand. I have a specific location that I'd like to place my cutter and a 40" tall setup wouldn't work. I will probably end up building my own stand. I think I could use the pictures of the factory stand and fab up a shorter version of it. Or maybe one that has an adjustible height. But, either way, I have to get a stand under this machine - like you, I should have bought one with the machine.

Charlie

The pieces are extruded aluminum with the channels going all the way thru them so I would think it would be easy to cut one down!

Hmmmmm. Now you have me wondering if it would be worth it to build one or modify one. Gonna have to give this some more thought.

Charlie

i would concur. the extruded aluminum would easily be cut down in a standard wood cutting chop saw, and not even hurt the carbide blade. if anything, it would clean some of the wood resin build up off.

bb

And, seeing that I am a commercial construction superintendent in real life that happens to own a miter saw (wood); a chop saw (metal); a recip saw and a port-a-band saw; it shouldn't be a problem. I suppose that makes it easier than redesigning the wheel.

Charlie