Sign in to follow this  
signpro

Shadowing in FlexiPRO

When I make a logo or a design with on or multiple shadows or outlines, how do i seperate the two when it comes time to cut?? Any how-to vids on this using flexi software?

Thanks Much :(

I guess my question is this:

When I'm going to cut an object and it's shadow (like flames) and I go ahead and put two boxes above it on each side and then bring up production manager to cut both the object and it's shadow, the boxes will show in the bold part to be cut but not in the shadow part to be cut.  I'm trying to bring up both squares for the object and it's shadow to be able to line them up properly but cannot seem to get it to work. Do you know what I'm saying???  PLEASE HELP!!!!  :thumbsup:    :P

Guest fivestar

Use the registration tool.  Look in the pic below

post-0-12986535103936_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535122135_thumb.jpg

Use the registration tool.  Look in the pic below

Does it matter if when I add the mark...befor or after....?

Guest fivestar

No.........just be sure when you cut it you have all colors selected and the "pause between colors" selected in production manager.

no luck. Still getting no aligning boxes when I try to gut the shadow...hhmmmm. Just when Im going to cut the main text.

Is there any how to vids on shadowing with flexi..! Maybe im missing something?

Guest fivestar

Import this file and see if it works.  I would of saved it as a flexi file but you're using a different version than me and you wouldn't of been able to open it.

Untitled.eps

Untitled.eps

nope no go.. the boxs show up in the outline but no boxs in the main red TEST... I think flexi's acting like crap.

Guest fivestar

hhhmmm.........no I just tried that file and it only showed up in shadow for me too.....see if you can open this file.  It's zipped so unzip it first.

Untitled1.zip

Untitled1.zip

production manager showed both at once. won't let me change from shadow to main..both main and shadow show up

Guest fivestar

That's what you want with reg marks.......check "pause between colors" so it will send one color at a time.

OMG........!!! I found what was throwing me for a loop!! In production manager (advanced) SEND ALL COLORS was checked...DAH!

Now with these registration marks I included, what will they look like when I cut the main and then shadow?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP FIVESTAR!!!