Sign in to follow this  
DescineModern

LaserPoint 24" and MAC OS X Software Questions

Hi All,

Great forum Ken! I just started getting into the vinyl decal business. I bought a 24" LaserPoint and a 24" PCut from Ebay and I will later purchase a 50" Plotter. But for now, I was wondering -- What do I need to get either the LaserPoint 24" to work with my MacPro tower and CS4 Illustrator? Does the software it come with bundled work on my mac? Is there away that I can just print directly from the Adobe Illustrator CS4 software itself? or Do I need to get a plug-in for it? Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Dil-Domin

Please do not quote me on this ...

It's my understanding that you will need Sign Cut instead of Sign Blazer Elements to work on your Mac. To my knowledge, there isn't a way to cut directly from CS4 Illy.

Like I said, please don't quote me. Another good place to post your question would be in the Mac bulletin board in this forum.

not a clue, but if you need to do a wet app, then paper tape - if not, lots like to use clear tape.

I can't vouch for any brand of app tape being as I only use one Oracal paper.

Thanks Haumana - Do you know what is the best clear application tape to use with Oracal 631?

I have found the clear R Tape does not hold well to the Oracal 631. I have better luck with the paper tape so far.