eastonmack

Laserpoint or the COPAM 2500

Guess it depends on what you need to do. If you have a printer and need the cutter to contour cut your prints then the LP would be the way to go. If not the Copam would be my pick as it is there top model and is the workhorse. Not that the LP is a bad machine but the copam is just the proffesional level and is made to be ran more.

We have the copam for about 1 1/2 now and love it more that any other machine we have owned. Very much a workhorse as it runs every day.

thanks for the help...I don't really understand printing from the printer and contour cutting?  This probably sounds like a dumb question, but???

Contour cutting is where you have a printer print the graphic and it will print registration marks on the print also. You then take that print to the cutter and the cutter has an optical eye that reads the reg marks that the printer made and cuts the graphic out. I know someone can explain it a little better than me and can maybe post a few pics.

Also do a search on here and you will find out all the info on what it is.

Guess it depends on what you need to do. If you have a printer and need the cutter to contour cut your prints then the LP would be the way to go. If not the Copam would be my pick as it is there top model and is the workhorse. Not that the LP is a bad machine but the copam is just the proffesional level and is made to be ran more.

We have the copam for about 1 1/2 now and love it more that any other machine we have owned. Very much a workhorse as it runs every day.

I own a >> Refine MH 1351, Copam 2500, Graphtec CE5000-60...and the Copam is not US Cutter Top Model any more... its the Graphtec by far.. The Copam is a Better then a Laserpoint.. any day

Bud -

In your opinion why is the Copam better than the Laserpoint? Please give me some info - there are no facts supporting your statements.

I am not sure which I want to order. Much appreciated, bud.

If you go to www.uscutter.com and look at Professional Vinyl Cuttres....the only two that are there are the Graphtec and the Copam..The Copam is just built better then a Laserpoint... But don't get me wong the Laserpoint is a good machines for the money.. and if i didn't have my Graphtec I would buy a Laserpoint for contour cutting..

anything us cutter sell is a good machines that they stand behind..

I'm not tell you what to buy ...just my 2 cents

Get the Copam unless you need to contour cut.  If you need to contour cut, then get the Graphtec or if you just want to be sure you don't need to buy a second cutter later then buy the Graphtec because they rock!

I forgot, if the cost is a big issue then still don't buy the laserpoint.  Get the MH -721 it won't contour cut, but will work for you once you learn how to operate it and then you'll have saved enough money to keep it as a back up when you go ahead and buy the Graphtec.  Once you get a cutter you'll use it for a ton of things you never thought you would need it for and suddenly the extra $1000 will seem like no big deal.  Its always good to have a backup cutter anyway so if you just need a starter then get the Refine MH-721.

Thanks I ordered the Laserpoint 48" w/ C cut  - I asked Max w/ Sales about the difference between machine qualities and he said the cheaper MH Cutter wil 'sometimes' not support bigger files because of the lack of memory. WTF? Why would they make a 50" machine that could not handle its own size? lol

Prolly just sales bullshit - but I didn't want to have any problems so I got the Laserpoint (Max approved)

Also - I would like to say that I have called numerous times and left messages to sales, shipping - and have not received any response.

I am slightly pissed off - do I get a free big mac card for the inconvience?

I didn't think so. :thumbsup:

I've owned a p- cut, refine and copam in the past year and 1/2 - the copam is more heavily built and I believe does much cleaner cuts on small stuff.  I loved the p-cut (similar to laserpoint without the laser) and it was a great machine buy I much prefer the copam for the added accuracy - I have never had a line/font not close as I would have sometimes with small fonts on the p-cut.

The only thing I do not like as well is the rollers that hold the roll.  I have purchased some convayer rollers and intend to make new brackets to get the rollers up where I line them better. higher is easier to get to and I like the way the higher rollers direct the material over the roll when doing long cuts.

just my 2c