Sticka Man

PLEASE HELP, MH 721 stops in the middle of large jobs using Sign Cut

It's killing me, I go to cut large items and it stops cutting after about 1/6 is cut out. Any ideas? All settings seem OK and I can cut small to med items all day long with no isseus! I am cutting a banner with large letters and the size is 2'x6'. Anyone else having these issues? Hellllllp.......(please)

• Like 1

This same problem seems to be posted a lot. Everyone has different ideas,but I personally think that it's a memory issue. I get around it by cutting in sections. Maybe someone else has a better idea, I stopped using Signcut when I got Signblazer and never really had any issues.

After weeks this is what I just did and it worked.... FINALLY...... PLEASE COPY THIS TO ANY ONE WITH SIMILAR ISSUES. I also had the phantom slicing accross the picture issue.. I solved that by switching to a different PC, both US Cutter and Sign Cut said that that happens on alot of DELL, SONY, SONY VIAO and GATEWAYS. I have no issues with that on my newer HP M760On I got at FRYS for $450 3 months ago.

TO FIX PLOTTER FAILURE DURING BIG PROJECTS USING SIGN CUT (may work with other programs as well)

-Go into your com 4 settings (or whatever com you are using)

FIRST FIND THE CORRECT PORT YOUR PLOTTER USES

(Controll panel, System, Device Manager, PORTS TAB CLICK THE ONE YOUR PLOTTER IS ON)

NEXT FOLLOW THESE STEPS

-Click port settings tab

-Advanced button

-Bottom right check ONLY "Serial Printer" box

-Also drop your LATENCY TIMER to 14

-Click OK

-I changed the Baud to 2400 just in case.... I also selected that baud in Sign Cut and on the plotter itself.

(Yea it sucks having to change the plotter baud when ever it gets turned off, but hey it worked perfectly)

Also if you cut huge work like I was doing, it did take about 35 min. + or - to cut out, but like I said, PERFECTION AT LAST !!!!! NO MORE FRUSTRATION!!!!

THESE ARE WHAT I CUT: 12 feet of 24" red vinyl each with about 50 outlined letters and a few circles . I was able to cut it all at once AND WALK AWAY WHILE CUTTING!

MTAgymandMagicalTots.jpg

Good job Stika Man! It's a great feeling solving a problem,and sharing it with others.