Sign in to follow this  
brooklynpark

I really need help...

background infor...about 6 month ago I lost everything on my computer.  My husband reistalled it on drive F not C (originally on C) now I go to F drive to work (worked previously) now not,...lines and test are all messed up.(when in cut mode)  I then removed the file...and put back in the disk I had (the disk I bought with the original owner) I can still retrieve my art work, and it seems to function fine, till hit CUT...then Error message.  I am on Sign Blazer elements...but it only show Blazer choices....I have tried them all..nothing works.....now I am all confused....If anyone can understand this and help me direct me to a new step...much appreciated....

Please...I just need basic steps...not that computer smart.  Thanks 

Ok, been testing things out.  I have re-installed signblazer/06 on C drive.  Everything looks fine.  Except now I keep getting an error message, when trying to cut... "can not open output device".  So I checked on my computer, it says Com1, so that is what I put in the box.  Checked the other setting with the computer.  They all looked like I have them matched up.  Then I disconnected the cable to the cutter, and re-installed.  Still getting error message.  SHut computer down, and re-started.  Still have this same error message.

Does anyone know where I can get more info or what I need to do next to solve this error message "can not open output device"?  Thanks for any and all assistance. Melinda

this happens to me whenever I unplug my cutter, I go to settings in SignBlazer, select the correct comport, and restart the computer. and it usually always works. once restarted it shows the output device warning again, but try to cut again and it should work. Thats what I do and it works.

good luck

Have you tried resetting the cutter itself? Also you could try

disconnecting the cutter from the PC - Power down - Reconnect the cutter - Power on -

Seeing if the PC will recognize the hardware being hooked up.

No PC expert, but I hope it helps  :(

Melinda,

What type of connection are you using? USB or serial? Also, are you using a desktop or laptop computer? SBE is known to have issues when using a laptop with a USB connection.

Charlie