Sign in to follow this  
eaglewing

vectorizing

I've just started using SignBlazer and am having trouble trying to chang bitmaps into a cutable pic.  I need to know how to change them or vectorize them or whatever.

Guest stunad, jr.

select the image and click image/monochrome.  Then click vectorize.  It will leave the original bitmap along with the vectorized version.  Delete the bitmap.

I tried doing what u said and it still gives "image contains bitmap...."  Do I need to change file type or what,  I'm as lost as last year's easter egg.

Guest stunad, jr.

I tried doing what u said and it still gives "image contains bitmap...."   Do I need to change file type or what,  I'm as lost as last year's easter egg.

that message"image contains bitmap" means you didnt delete the original bitmap after vectorizing.  It will still cut the image, just ckick ok. and then cut

ok we're making progress.  but how do u get the image darker. the image had jagged lines, i tried to darken it and it still cut the jagged lines.

Guest stunad, jr.

ok we're making progress.  but how do u get the image darker. the image had jagged lines, i tried to darken it and it still cut the jagged lines.

vectorizing doesn't necessarily "fix" the original image.  If the image is rough to begin with, It will need to be worked on after you vectorize.  If you have a nice large clean image, chances are it will vectorize nicely and you wont need to work on it.

If you post the original image, we probably can steer you in the right path to help