cohesion

rear window wiper and vinyl

Anyone have any problems putting vinyl on a rear window and having the rear wiper take off the graphic? It's a tinted window, so it wouldn't really work too well on the inside of the window. Is this going to be an issue? Should I just not put graphics on the rear window?

Thanks

Do not worry about viper.

If graphix is properly installed and good vinyl used you would not have any problem.

Sounds good. What would you use? 651? That's what I was going to use. I wouldn't need anything better than that would I?

651 is perfectly fine. u shouldn't have any problems. i have a full size back window graphic and a big wiper and i use it all the time with not a scratch.

bulldog, my wiper blade is 4 years old. so why would u recommend a new wiper blade if ur not already having issues with the one u have. that's the only way i would recommend a new blade to a customer, but then again, they would or should already know if thier blade is any good.

Sorry for the comment ,but I install auto glass for a living, so It makes sense to me as, old wipers will scratch new glass if they are worn or falling apart. Not too many people pay attention to the backglass wiper,As they only use it once in awhile. Whenever I install a windshield I always recomend a new set of wipers. Why spend good money on something, and not a small bit to protect it?

Makes sense to me as old wipers collect dirt, dry out, etc.

ok, i understand that it makes sense, but at the same time, if i'm installing a back window, i'm not inspecting the blades of the vehicle, i'm installing the vinyl. being that he installs glass, yes of course he's prong to looking for and advising on that matter.

hell, i don't know if a blade is bad unless i'm using it and it's not performing for me. sometimes people can make things more complicated than necessary. i didn't say it didn't make sense, i asked why would i advise a customer to purchase or make sure their wiper blades are new. now, i have informed them that it should be okay with out problems, common sense is if ur having issues with a ur wipers blades before u come to see me, then u should know that ur decal is not gonna last. if it's asked then i informed, but that's the only way i'm gonna comment or suggest new blades, cause other than that, like mention earlier, i'm not inspecting wiper blades, i'm installing a decal.

Didnt mean to ruffel anybodys feathers, I was just suggesting a simple courtsy for customers. If I was gonna spend say maybe 50 -100 bucks on advertising for my window, I would want it to last. The original post asked if this was an issue..... it could be . Just my 2cents

I applied a full rear-window decal just before winter.  The blazer I applied it to has used the wiper often due to the salt from the roads here in MI.  So far it looks just as new as when applied.  The wiper is old as well.

I used 651.  6-Months and still going strong.