bigtracy

Refine MH871 Setup with Flexistarter dongle/all driver edition?????

Hey everyone,

I have purchased a new Refine MH-871 that is arriving tomrorrow  :D

I wondered what the proper/easiest set-up procedure is for getting it up and running on my PC with XP media center via USB (no serial available)?

Can someone give me instructions please?  Do I need USB drivers?  if so, where can I get them?  Do I need a keyspan adapter?

Can I just install Flexistarter and choose the Roland PNC-1000 driver in Flexistarter like I have seen people talk about in here and then just plug in my cutter?

Do I need to verify port settings?

Just trying to cover my bases so I don't waste alot of time doing the wrong thing when it arrives.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Don't have flexi....so this is a COMPLETE guess just based off some generic knowledge, but using usb you are going to need to install the driver for the cutter, then once the cutter is recognized and have flexi installed I believe you have to set your port to the usb (this is where I am guessing on what to use because I don't have the software) and the driver to Roland PNC-1000.

Hope that at least get you started in the right direction, I am sure someone else will jump in here who has flexi and a refine and give you better instructions if you are patient.

Patience, I have to an extent.  My cutter is here!  My Flexistarter is not?  Evidently they shipped them seperately.  Hopefully it comes tomorrow.

At least this gives my time to get it put together when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the initial thoughts zimmerman, I hope to hear from others as well.

Surely someone is using Flexistarter on a Refine MH-871 that can give me some assistance?:thumbsup::thumbsup:  Please!

Patience, I have to an extent.  My cutter is here!  My Flexistarter is not?  Evidently they shipped them seperately.  Hopefully it comes tomorrow.

At least this gives my time to get it put together when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the initial thoughts zimmerman, I hope to hear from others as well.

Surely someone is using Flexistarter on a Refine MH-871 that can give me some assistance?;D:)  Please!

Bigtracy, I was thinking of the same setup.  Have you gotten your HM0871 and Flexstarter with XP to work?  Sure could use some help, most appreciative.

Hey everyone,

I have purchased a new Refine MH-871 that is arriving tomrorrow  :thumbsup:

I wondered what the proper/easiest set-up procedure is for getting it up and running on my PC with XP media center via USB (no serial available)?

Can someone give me instructions please?  Do I need USB drivers?  if so, where can I get them?  Do I need a keyspan adapter?

Can I just install Flexistarter and choose the Roland PNC-1000 driver in Flexistarter like I have seen people talk about in here and then just plug in my cutter?

Do I need to verify port settings?

Just trying to cover my bases so I don't waste alot of time doing the wrong thing when it arrives.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Big Tracy did you ever get an answer to your question?  I have the same situation MH871, Widnows XP and would like to purchase Flex8.  Any help you can furnish is greatly appreciated.  I have all the things I need to start setting up and learning how to draw and start cutting.

Yep, it works great with the Roland PNC-1000 Driver via USB hookup!  I have used it multiple times without any issues!!  ;D

Thanks! Most appreciative, what types of projects have you completed?  I belong to an RC airplane model club where I plan to try and make some change for the pocket as well as help my club members with graphic service.  :o