Sign in to follow this  
rodbuilder

I finally did it!

Yep, the economy sucks and businesses are dropping like flies buy I finally bought a Graftec CE 5000 with Flexi Sign and short of not knowing snot about how to use the software (!!!) i'm "ready" to go!

I figure that even an old man like me (62) who has worked in the C/N/C machine trrade as a programmer/operator for over 25 years, ought to be able to make a sign cutter walk the walk - right?  Well....................maybe!  With your help maybe I can get this done.  I make my first cut today with great success.  I got the machine all set up and, using my machinist's eye I made a visual 1st set on the knife depth and BINGO - I got a perfect cut the very 1st time!  I was TOTALLY stoked.

But now, unless I'm gonna' be happy making really simple sikgns I'm gonna' need some serious help with the Flexi Sign. These graphics programs are way too intense for me. So let's dstart with something that I hope is as simple as I would want to be.............how in the heck do ya' add a BORDER to your text?  I looked at the help index and it was as helpful as asking the teller at my bank if she could install some RAM in my computer!!!So let's have it.................I have a word up on my screen and want to throw a border around the word.  How do I do it?

Many thanks to anyone that can help IN SIMPLE TERMS!!! 

Congrats on buying the cutter, stay patient with the graphics....it will come with time.

Wish I could help you out but I do not have flexi and no clue how to run it.  I can show you how to do it in inkscape and save to a file that can be import and cut into flexi.....but thats extra steps and from what I understand flexi is the best software out there.

Again good luck!

Guest fivestar

Are you meaning an outline of the text?  If so, simply use the outline tool under the effects.