Paradox

Cutting straight lines on a slope?

Yesterday I cut a line of text that cut straight, the text is about 12 inches long. Today I cut this same text and the right side is lower than the left? Tried plotting it on paper and it does the same. Any ideas?

Is the pressure on your rollers ok?  Sounds like one side may be slipping, and twisting your vinyl.....thats the only way I have ever had that happen, but then the cuts don't like up either.

Looks like you are correct, running the vinyl forwards and back the edge of the vinyl is not tracking the same. How can I get this stuff in there straight?

Something is still not right Letters are not cut right and there is still a misalignment problem in the letters.

post-4056-12986533305178_thumb.jpg

post-4056-12986533319478_thumb.jpg

I think it may becuase you are not lining the vinyl up straight on the cutter.

It's running back and forth true and at the same mark front and back now. Not sure what is going on but nothing seems to cut really good.

Now this is very frustrating, they vinyl was completely flat and is running on the same marks front and back as it started so there was now movement. This text was typed straight in SBE and cut and this is the result.

post-4056-1298653330595_thumb.jpg

post-4056-12986533319964_thumb.jpg

Things are getting worse. I switched to paper and the pen and it was plotting letters allover the place. I rebooted my computer and switched off the power to the plotter and brought it all back up and now nothing cuts? Jobs sent to the cutter from SBE go to cutjob and sit in there waiting.

Ok found the communication problem, somehow the reboot swapped the com ports. just got to love Microsoft..

But the cutter is still cutting terrible.

Ahhhh! After completely disassembling and checking things I found the left side bearing had come loose again. It seems the feed roller was flopping around causing all this havoc.

Ahhhh! After completely disassembling and checking things I found the left side bearing had come loose again. It seems the feed roller was flopping around causing all this havoc.

Darn thing....at least you figured out the issue, and thank you for posting what you found.