Sign in to follow this  
MecH

Putting the new Copam through the ringer

Just got our Copam-2500 yesterday, and spent a few hours setting up/dialing in/etc. After we got it to cut right, we had to 'christen' the cutter ;D But you know I had to see what it would do :thumbsup: . Sorry for the crappy images, all i had atm was my phone.

The logo on the cutter.

cutterlogo.jpg

And a small detailed cut ;D

smallcut.jpg

Oh yeah, def. Its a very sturdy machine. It took a little while to get it cutting right, (and its still a touch too deep i think), but yeah it does a great job IMO. That small cut was a shrunk version of a side window decal that we did last night for a Tahoe (ill grab a pic later) that was cut at 22" wide. For some reason Flexi dont like bigger jobs tho. I cut a test one in flexi and it did fine, but after making it the full 22", it went apeshit on me lol. But SBE cut it fine. I`d much rather use flexi, but not sure whats up with the large files.

But simply, its a great machine, and we dig it :thumbsup:

Hmmm... interested why it didn't like the larger file? What version of Flexi are you running? Also, what operating system are you using? I use Flexi Pro 8.1v1 with my Refine.... I'm curious see if I would have any problems with that same file.

Its 8.1v1 and xp pro. I couldnt get it to run at all on vista 32.

It could be that there is not a true copam driver for flexi yet, but idk. Im using the DGI-om-60 driver atm. Oh, and I cut the logo thats on the cutter with flexi so it works, but *shrug*

Yeah... I know for a fact that 8.1v1 doesn't mesh well with Vista... from what I hear or have read it works with 7.6 and the newest 8.6 versions.