Sign in to follow this  
blownchevyII

Another Noobie Question

Ok, I know I've been asking alot of questions here, and you all have been so kind as to help me.  I am in the process of trying to cut a simple 2 color logo if you will.  Basically blue text on a grey background.  When I vectorize it in inkscape in only turns the blue to black and they backround is gone.  If I try and fill the background in inlscape it looks like crap, it doesn't go tight to the text or outline.  Am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be gretly appreciated. Thanks in advance

TopNotch1.gif

So you learn how to do it yourself, if you are wanting to vectorize in to colors, you won't use the brightness cutoff.  Brightness cutoff will give you a single layer of black basically.

In the bottom section of the trace bitmap window you can choose the radio button by color, then set the # of scans to the # of colors you want and click ok.  I don't think preview works with this mode, but if its not what you want you can delete it, adjust your settings, and try again.

I would just redraw the graphic in whatever program you are gonna cut it in. it seems to be fairly simple shapes. Never worry about asking questions. I am away from "My" computer or i would draw an example for you. when i get to my computer i will.

New Moon Graphics