Sign in to follow this  
mcpreacher

window stickers - business potential?

Hi! Several years ago I worked as the "vinyl guy" for a large sign company here in Great Falls.  I enjoyed the work and would like to buy a cutter and open my own shop, but the full service sign companies are like flies on...well, you know.  So I need to find a niche market.

I've seen stands at fairs selling pre-made, RTA window stickers, and was wondering how much business potential there is in this, if a person were willing to follow a show circuit.  Generally speaking, is it realistic to expect to make it a full time business, or just a sideline?

Any opinions or facts will be appreciated.

Gene

Yesterday I did concessions at a snowmobile race.  I originally planned on having some decals printed out and selling them but I didn't have time to cut them.  Then I didn't have time to sell them since I spent the better part of 7 hours flipping burgers.  I was able to talk to several people about lettering and decals during the time though.  I made some signs up and printed double sided business cards with my catering business on one side and vinyl information on the other.  I created some interest though.  I'm sure I would have sold some things had I had a table setup. 

There are lots of ways to reach people.  Right now I am letting all my customers know I offer a vinyl service also.

Gary