Sign in to follow this  
Daniel_KZK

Curved text

First make your text.

Then draw a curved path (using the pen tool) the arc you want your text.  You can also use a circle if you want it circular.

Then select both the text and the path, choose text and put text to path.  Those might not be the exact options, but I am pretty sure I am close.

Yes thank you. but when i want to cut it, the curve cuts threw some of the letters! thats not good. i dont want the curve to mess up my text.

The letter "g" hangs down threw the curve and signcut cuts the curve too. Is there no other way to make a curved text?

Excuse my bad english writing, im swedish..  :thumbsup:

Once you have the text curved....you can convert the text to paths (path, object to paths) then remove the line you curved it to.

Sorry, should have included that in the original instructions.

Guest fivestar

Excuse my bad english writing, im swedish..  :thumbsup:

Your english is alot better then my swedish.  ;D ;D ;D Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your english.

if you wanted to print the text after you curved it hoe do you get rid of the curve, it shows up when you print? I tried to delete the line and then the text goes back straight.  tks  I posted this in another thread also  looking for an answer  tks

if you wanted to print the text after you curved it hoe do you get rid of the curve, it shows up when you print? I tried to delete the line and then the text goes back straight.  tks  I posted this in another thread also  looking for an answer  tks

Before you delete the line, convert the text to paths.  To do this....choose your text and go to "path", "object to path".  Once your text is converted to paths you can delete the line and the text will stay put.

Hey again!

I know how to curve the text now thanks to you guys but now i want to curve the text the other way! where the beginning and the end of the text is in the top and the middle of the text below, i mean like you should put the text inside the circle when you click "object to path".

I know how to do it if i draw a line by hand but that line wont be good or prefectly round.

Thanks.

Just curve it to a circle.....then once its curved you just rotate the text any direction you want.

no the text goes upside down if just rotate it, i want the text like in picture 1, but not upside down and not backwards ;)

see pictures below:

post-2188-12986538561211_thumb.jpg

post-2188-12986538562033_thumb.jpg

post-2188-12986538572143_thumb.jpg

post-2188-12986538572812_thumb.jpg

In that case it will just put it on the outside of the circle, if you want it to go on the inside of the circle you will just have to use the path tool to draw a half circle then put it to that path, it will put it on the inside then.

post-4031-12986538608126_thumb.png

post-4031-12986538614287_thumb.png

In that case it will just put it on the outside of the circle, if you want it to go on the inside of the circle you will just have to use the path tool to draw a half circle then put it to that path, it will put it on the inside then.

Thank you, you are one good member of this forum  :angry:

I can do it now, i just have to train with the path tool, cause i make lines all over the place  :angry:

post-2188-12986539032212_thumb.jpg

post-2188-12986539041838_thumb.jpg

One of the tricks I use for text on a circle

For curving text around the top of your circle

Draw your circle and then flip it vertically, then flip it horizontally

Put your text on that path and it will be very close to top dead center

For curving text around the bottom bottom of your circle and right side up

Draw your circle and then flip it horizontally

Put your text on that path and it will be very close to bottom dead center

Just seems to work faster for me that way.