7racecar7

Cutter For Race Car Graphics?

Hello,

I am looking to do my own vinyl this year for my racecar.  here is what it will look like:  http://renningerracing.com/2009.html 

Everything is done in illustrator...I downloaded some trial versions of software, so far SignCut X2 seems to run the best. 

The car is already blue.  My question is I will most likely use the cutter 1 time for the entire car then maybe a few more times during the year. 

I am juggling with the following

I see for about 500.00 the  USCutter LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter w/ CONTOUR CUTTING 24"  this so far seems to be the best value. 

so...

1.  Would you recommend a 24" or is piecing 2 X 12" together a solution for an area such as where the flames are at that's about 30 inches tall?

2.  Brands?  with my limited use can I get away with a cheaper version? If so what feature should I not skip on? (i see pressure is a key one?  250 - 700), then also talks of contour cutting vs optical?

I need to pull the trigger soon so thanks for any help you can provide.

Erik

Maybe ill ask this differently:

What has been the biggest let down when choosing a lower end model? 

Is it tracking? or the way the vinyl looks cut? (i assume it would look better then a pair of scissors)

You know after purchasing and using the cutter for your car you might see it as another part time income for your race car. Sell decals to the other teams, so i would suggest in purchasing one for that purpose and not a one time use. If you want just that ask for some quotes from peeps on here. Good luck!

Good call...been thinking about that as I learn more.  I already do websites and graphics and I can add this to my service offering and justify a higher end product. 

I will start with this question.

If I'm going this route is 24" the minimum you would recommend to start at?

Have you measured on the car to make sure 24" is going to work for you?  Or do you plan to tile the vinyl for the big white swoop in your design?