Sign in to follow this  
Jason50

please watch this video!!!!

Is this normal operation for the copam 2500?

If not what could be the problem?

video link 

Guest fivestar

What exactly is supposed to be the problem?  Could be the file had a bunch of hidden layers on it and it kept cutting each layer.  The video wasn't long enough and whomever made it never explained anything about what exactly they was having problems with.

I don't have a copam so I don't know exactly what he was talking about when he said it was at maximum 60, I take it 60 I.P.S.  If you made the video please explain in detail exactly what the problem is and I am sure someone on here can help.

i had the same questions. as i did not make the video. at first i figured there were multiple files upon each other. the sound was the most alarming, it sounded as if the motor was being hindered.

i also noticed the machine appeared to be an older model (missing the green alignments).

just wondering and testing the waters to see how the answers went.

i plan to buy a unit in the next week or so.

thanks jason

I would say hidden layers in the graphic the person was trying to cut.

I would say that if it wasnt cutting the hidden layers, it would not be making the weird noise. Had the same thing happen on a CP-2500 on my tech bench, just a bad file that it was trying to cut.

My guess would be that while unpacking the unit, a stray Spotted Owl happened to get into the machine,and become lodged in between the rollers,  thus for the hooting noise it produces  ;D  ;D ;D :huh:;D ;D

That a normal noise when cutting large circles and such. Mine does it all the time.