Z

Making use of scrap vinyl pieces

This might be useful to someone, so I thought I'd post it. I taught myself a way to use the scrap that seems to always be left over due to the cutter head being about 3

10th and last pic. And as I said, I hope this will be helpful to someone. For all I know there may be a better or easier way to make use of scrap, but I'm not aware of it.

post-4166-12986532479449_thumb.jpg

post-4166-12986532516238_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Thanks for the tut, but I just line the scrap up with the blade in its original position without changing anything and since I use Flexi it has a "show me" button and it will feed the vinyl through the cutter and allow me to see if it's lined up straight and if I have a big enough piece.

Thanks for the tut, but I just line the scrap up with the blade in its original position without changing anything and since I use Flexi it has a "show me" button and it will feed the vinyl through the cutter and allow me to see if it's lined up straight and if I have a big enough piece.

Five,

I guess I could have better named the subject. My target audience was intended to be folks like myself who are still "rank beginners".  Because of your reply to my PM, though, I was able to learn how to post pics. Thanks again!

this is one of the advantages of going with the larger cutters.  when i read the first post i didn't understand why someone would line up with the edge, with the smaller cutters you don't have as much room to work with.  If I have a 12" roll of vinyl I can put it pretty much anywhere. 

Someone else got me into the whole vinyl thing, and I'm glad he got me to go with the 25" first.

this is one of the advantages of going with the larger cutters.  when i read the first post i didn't understand why someone would line up with the edge, with the smaller cutters you don't have as much room to work with.  If I have a 12" roll of vinyl I can put it pretty much anywhere. 

Someone else got me into the whole vinyl thing, and I'm glad he got me to go with the 25" first.

Already lickin' my chops at the thought of my next cutter. Lookin' like it'll be a US Cutter, too! ;)