Sign in to follow this  
DIRTRACER

SHIRTS

Ok, am i crazy to take on 90 shirts front and back for a high school track team, heat press,thanks dirtracer.

Yes and no, are they one color? Depending on the weeding 90 is about my max for cut vinyl. Most likely it would be more cost/time effective to use a heat transfer. Check out Ace or Transfer Express. And if they are 2 color or complex design def go with transfers. 

yeah I am in the same situation but with 375 shirts, Im leaning towards the silkscreen route, some of the people on here do it, I hope they will jump in.

Wayne

Transfer Express shows about $1.74/sheet (that would be ganged, both fron/back on one sheet and one color). Now you need to see what your costs in vinyl would be for the same. It really depends on your time involved weeding/applying vs applying the transfer. If I have the time and don't mind the weeding, then I do vinyl. But price it out both ways depending on the size of your design, sometimes it's not only time effective but $$ effective as well to do the transfers. If you have a contract screenprinter it may be cheaper to go that route too. I always check out all the avenues and see which will fit best into my schedule/pocket.

Guest fivestar

I've done a 150 shirt order with 2 color vinyl and it took me 2 days to do 'em.  Granted it was a lllloooonnnngggg 2 days but I knocked 'em out and they looked awesome.  I went with vinyl over plastisol because they was silver glitter and hot pink and I didn't trust the plastisol to look as good as the vinyl.

I wondered the same thing, if it all stuck. A rep just last week said you could apply glitter/metallics ON plastisol or vinyl but not the reverse because it wouldn't adhere correctly (won't adhere with the metallics/glitter on the bottom and vinyl on top of it)

I've been doing shirts this way for the last few years.  Last three orders over 100 shirts one color.  I figure if they are willing to pay you what your time is worth then go for it.  Sign biz is often feast or famine.  I order from www.jiffyshirts.com for shirt blanks.  Super fast delivery (usually next day) plus exceptional prices!

Guest fivestar

No I mean I used vinyl instead of plastisol sorry,

I've been doing shirts this way for the last few years.  Last three orders over 100 shirts one color.  I figure if they are willing to pay you what your time is worth then go for it.  Sign biz is often feast or famine.  I order from www.jiffyshirts.com for shirt blanks.  Super fast delivery (usually next day) plus exceptional prices!

I know this post is a couple of days old, but how much are you marking up your t-shirts. I'm a newbie so I want to ask, what do you mean by Plastisol?

Plastisol is essentially the same thing what screenprinters use. When applied to a transfer it isn't cured all the way so when you heat press to a garment it completes the cure process. I just had an order for 75 2 sided one color shits @ $16 ea. One color is usually $12-15.