Sign in to follow this  
Signs and Designs

2 different cutters 1 program ?

is it possible to have a graphtec and a mh-1351 set up with in sign blazer, or is it possible to have my graphtec with vmpro program cutting on com 1, and mh-1351 in sign blazer cutting on com 1 with out changing the settings for each every time you use either cutter? hope you kinda know what I am trying to say.  Thanks Bob

In a word, no. Every time you go to cut, your software needs to know which cutter to send it to. So you have to tell it,ie: change the settings. You can have them both hooked up as you said,but will have to chose which one every time you change from one to the other.

In a word, no. Every time you go to cut, your software needs to know which cutter to send it to. So you have to tell it,ie: change the settings. You can have them both hooked up as you said,but will have to chose which one every time you change from one to the other.

Do they both use the same emulator onSign Blazer I think he said he uses, if so, couldn't you use an ab switch between the two?

each cutter requires it's own driver.Thats what you are changing in the settings.

What is you did two different installations of SignBlazer. (different install directory) Then you could have it pointing to dwo different machines. Just rename the icon used to start each.

What is you did two different installations of SignBlazer. (different install directory) Then you could have it pointing to dwo different machines. Just rename the icon used to start each.

This actually could very well work, I have done it with other programs.  Sometimes it works, sometimse it doesn't it just depends on how things are programmed.  If I would guess...I would say it would work....it also depends on how involved the registry is...thats normally where you run into problems because you can't rename the entities in the registry, they might fight over the same registry entries. 

Only way to know is to try, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked, and I wouldn't be surprised if it completely hosed the program and you had to uninstall both and reinstall and hope it worked then LOL.

Guest fivestar

Dunno about sign blazer but with Flexi you can install as many cutters as you want or as many ports as you have available.  :thumbsup:

Dunno about sign blazer but with Flexi you can install as many cutters as you want or as many ports as you have available.  :thumbsup:

yes,same in SB but you still have to tell the software which cutter to use.

Guest fivestar

yes,same in SB but you still have to tell the software which cutter to use.

Yes I misread the OP, yeah you would have to tell it what cutter to use unless it's a hellva good guesser.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

The way I figured this out and I believe it is working is by: Graphtec cutters use VMPRO on com 1.  and mh-1351 uses SB on com 1. it seems to work. the only difference between the two cutters is the offset and graftec is changed on the cutter and mh-1351 is done software- Sign Blazer.... thanks Bob  :thumbsup: