Sign in to follow this  
camillekindle

Cutter freezes LCD says "cutting"

We just hooked up our cutter. Test cuts worked fine. This is our second attempt at a real cut. We are cutting from our sign lab software. It cuts but at the end the blade stops in the down possession at the end of the graphic and the machine says "cutting" but it is obviously not cutting. We turned it off and back on still same thing. Can we not use sign lab? Our computer doesnt freeze so I believe all the information is being sent. We are using a usb to usb cord and it is being hooked up to a network hub....could this be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

The hub could very well be your issue.  The cutter really needs a direct line to the computer. Try moving the cutters usb cable directly to a usb port on the computer itself and see if that fixes your issue.

hmmmm...still freezing up. The plotter doesnt finish the cut and just stops mid-way through. We connected it directly to the computer though usb and still isnt finishing a cut...Any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

Is it stopping in the middle of the machine itself or closer to the sides, if you get the cutting head to close to the sides and it hits the red emergency stop buttons it will stop and seem frozen, If thats not the case could be something with the machine itself, I would then contact uscutter by phone.

Now we have managed to get it to finish cutting. But when it is done cutting it stops where the cut started. The LCD says "cutting" but the blade doesnt move back to the origin. Is this normal? It wont respond to anything when we click buttons on the LCD. We always have to turn it off and on.

thanks for your help

Mine did the same thing when I was using signgo pro, but cut perfectly using signblazer. Try & use signblazer & see if that works & that will tell you if it's a cutter or maybe a driver issue with the other software.