Sign in to follow this  
DanRHeller

Complete n00b

I just got my first vinyl cutter(24 laserpoint) and I am using it to print shirts. I have pictures on the computer saved of what I want to print out, but I know nothing more, can anyone help out and tell me what I need to do?

P.S. I already downloaded Photoshop CS4, but don't know how to use it well lol.

I just got my first vinyl cutter(24 laserpoint) and I am using it to print shirts. I have pictures on the computer saved of what I want to print out, but I know nothing more, can anyone help out and tell me what I need to do?

P.S. I already downloaded Photoshop CS4, but don't know how to use it well lol.

have you ever worked at a sign shop or screen printer?  these are the things that would have helped you before you purchased a machine and software that you don't understand....

No, but a friend of mine has the exact same setup as me and does it and i've watched him do it a few times, he's going to help me with it, I just figured i'd come here for some help first.

some years ago,before I got into the biz, I got the cold shoulder from every sign pro I talked to. They were SO afraid that someone might take some of their business. Everything I know I learned the hard way..trial and error.And that is the best way to learn. I did meet a sign guy who was retiring and he taught me a few things because I bought most of his equipment.

Most of the 'sign professionals' I spoke to in my area were arrogant as hell, would not even take small jobs (not worth their time) and very seldom even answered their phones (voice mail,always).

This forum is here to help people like you. Ask anything ,and someone will help.