roboto

technical questions: very serious about purchasing the machine

Hello,

I need to cut small pieces out of very thin uncured carbon fiber.  I posted another post in other material section

regarding carbon fiber.

Here are some questions regarding the machine itself:

1. Is the blade direction automatically computer-controlled as the cut is made? (I would assume so)

2. Can the machine make sawing motion (moving up and down with respect to the material) instead of dragging the blade along?

3. Can the depth of blade cut be controlled by computer?  (Or is it controlled/installed by hand?)

4.  How small can the feeded carbon fiber material be?  1"x1" possible?

1) The blade spins freely on a 360 degree axis in the blade holder, so the blade turns the way it should when cutting

2) The carriage arm does not make a sawing motion, just goes down when it should cut, and lifts when it should not.

3) The depth of the blade is set manually with the blade holder, but you can also adjust the downforce the carriage arm uses for fine tuning once you have the depth set to where you would like.

4) Probably need at least 3-4" wide so you can use both pinch rollers to hold the material in place.

thanks for your quick reply.

Regarding #2, can I make the machine do lift-and-down repeatedly? (perhaps making a fine dotted line?)

Dragg-cutting carbon fiber along is not very effective.

On our Creation units I have seen this action with one of the test features on the cutter itself. I do not think it is possible however, with the cutting software. I will check into it.

I truly appreciate your help.

If all goes well, I am interested purchasing in 12" Refine model, as it seems to have the best accuracy.

Thank you.