Sign in to follow this  
PermanEtch

Take a DEEP breath...

Hi, ALL. I bought the MH365 about 2 years ago and had several problems getting set up to be able to use it. One of my biggest problems was that the CD that came with the cutter was damaged (the "mirrored surface" of the disk was flaked off in a small area). US Cutter wouldn't replace it for me. I just read on an older post today that the CD has helpful tutorials on it. Crying shame I was subjected to that disadvantage of not having access to at least learn the VERY basics. I don't remember who (probably Ken) directed me how to download the program off the Internet. I paid for a three year subscription (or DONGLE...?) if I remember right to license the SigncutX2 software. That license will expire before too much longer without my having benefited from the investment I made in it. Got past the problem of not being able to install the software due to the bad CD, but then had a another software problem. Did not know that I needed to have some kind of "design software" installed on my computer in order to effectively use Signcut and the cutter itself. I couldn't design anything that would cut. Or, at least, cut right. Found out about INKSCAPE and thought that would be the ticket. Not the easiest (or maybe "user friendliest") program in the world to use/learn. Within a month or so after opening the original box my cutter shipped in I packed it back up and stored it. Played around with several different software packages to find something "Dummy-Proof" (spent over $100.00 on one that had PI** POOR tech support that by it's own description claims it will do the vectorizations that I need, but it too seems to have been a waste). Now, I realize that I am not the smartest person in the world, but I am far cry from unintelligent. I am completely in love with the whole concept of what I know these machines are capable of. I love; as a hobby, to design unique logos in particular (I have been using AutoCAD) and originally bought the cutter to expand in that area of interest. I can't justify the cost of most of the programs that allow others to design and save in a format that the cutter will recognize. I am pretty much totally lost and what I did learn when I first tried my hand at this I have pretty much forgotten. I am at the point that I need/want to be able to use the cutter now, but am afraid I am still a LONG way from there. Teaching oneself leaves MUCH to be desired and sometimes will cause such a turn-off for something that  it becomes even harder to achieve the thing(s) you initially set out to do. Over the past several months I have been torn between wanting to cry whenever I see this machine UNUSED and still BRAND SPANKING NEW and wanting to STOMP it to pieces. Want to learn to get results from this, but don't know what to do. Open to help, suggestions, comments, or possibly even an "internship" with someone in my area. If you have gotten all the way to the bottom of this post, I commend you. I know it is a bit longer than most, but desperate problems call for desperate measures to end up with effective solutions. So.....anyone care to respond? Please?

HI, auto cad, is that a design program,, and if it is can you export what you make into a eps form,, if you can, that is all you need to get it to the cutter, now you need to go download sign blazer from the uscutter site, and the driver,,,

you will not design in this program, but this is your cutting program,,

unpack that baby,, you are going to use, it,,,

we will help you,,,

MMM

If you give us a call we can get your communication problems worked out.

425-481-3555  *101  for tech support.

HI, auto cad, is that a design program,, and if it is can you export what you make into a eps form,, if you can, that is all you need to get it to the cutter, now you need to go download sign blazer from the uscutter site, and the driver,,,

you will not design in this program, but this is your cutting program,,

unpack that baby,, you are going to use, it,,,

we will help you,,,

MMM

AutoCAD is a drafting program with MANY applications, including 2D and 3D drawing. It won't (to my knowledge at least) export in EPS. Thanks.

You can import the DXF files from Auto Cad into Sign Blazer.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks. I read somewhere that certain other vectorization programs can read DXF files. My problem is a bit more complicated. My computer with 'CAD is not the same as the one I have for Signcut and now, Signblazer (which I downloaded and installed last night, but still haven't received their email yet). The 'CAD computer has a a set of tweezers shoved into the A:/ drive or I'd simply transfer files that way. No CD writer, internet or email on this particular computer.

ONE HOUR BREAK...

OK...installed another A:/ drive. Copied file I wanna cut to a disk. Guess what? Signblazer trial version has no option to open a DXF file.

Signcut won't open it either. Thanks again, Brian. Was certainly worth a shot, but didn't work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

425-481-3555  *101  for tech support.

Levi,

Please count on a call from me in the near future. At this point I still need a program to use to design in.

ANY suggestions for solving that problem first would be GREATLY appreciated. From ANYONE.

Thanks.

Dont try to open the DXF file. You have to import it. I have done several of them.

Guest fivestar

425-481-3555  *101   for tech support.

Levi,

Please count on a call from me in the near future. At this point I still need a program to use to design in.

ANY suggestions for solving that problem first would be GREATLY appreciated. From ANYONE.

Thanks.

www.inkscape.org totally free

Dont try to open the DXF file. You have to import it. I have done several of them.

Hyspeed,

Thanks. AutoCAD lets me EXPORT in several file formats; DXF, EPS, BMP, but still NOTHING to see in SIGNBLAZER. I tried to IMPORT both as a DXF file and as an EPS file, but no success. Unless I am missing something all it does is "think" and "growl" for about 3 or 4 minutes and "initializing import" message is at the bottom, but still nothing.

ANOTHER LONG BREAK . . .

OK . . . I got a BMP file to IMPORT into SBLZR. Will try to work on that.