Sign in to follow this  
Guest Schramm

Faux Etched glass & vinyl on mirror

Guest Schramm

Well I have had a roll of frosted glass vinyl for 6 months and have never done anything with it but today I decided to give it a try on clear glass.  I did my truck window 4 months ago and thought it was ok, but it has florida tint on it so you didnt really get the entire effect but man on clear glass it looks great!  Well here are the pics of the etched glass with the same design and the same size as the mirror.

I can tell you one thing and that is frosted vinyl is EXPENSIVE to just let sit and collect dust!  Yikes.

post-0-12986531679184_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986531679487_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986531687521_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986531687649_thumb.jpg

Looks sweet, man.  A friend wanted his bar mirror done, when I told him the cost he settled with silver 651...heh

Guest Schramm

The silver is actually frosted glass vinyl!  It looks very real when you stand up close on it or in person but very hard to photo.

Ya, it looks like somethin you would see over the booths like in a restaurant .. very pro looking :P

Guest kenya

Looks great  :P.

How does the frosted weed? Any difference than regular?

Guest Schramm

Well to be honest I had 2 experiences with it.  The first was on my van and it seemed to weed terrible.  This time I called Oracal and they said 110-120 downforce with a 45 degree blade.  Changed the downforce and it weeded beautiful.  I use to etch glass down in Florida and honestly unless you touch this you cannot tell the differnce.

NOTE:  When I did my van I use paper transfer and when I did the piece of glass I did clear transfer and if I had to choose I would choose paper.  Clear is awesome for vinyl but sucks on the frosted glass.

i bet you had more fun doing that, than ripping out an old s/s cooker  :P :P

regards duke

See Shramm....it's your calling to produce GREAT STUFF!  :P

Dazzel

That looks great.

I still have a 10' roll of BGS frosted stuff that came in the 5 color sample pack I bought from US Cutter. Tried to do some small stuff with it and it would not weed at all. I'm thinking one day I'll try something bigger and see if this stuff is usable or trash.

NOT TRASH....NEVER....if ya can't use it send it my way Sandman!  :P

Dazzel