Sign in to follow this  
kburk

Communication problem

Ok, so when I first got my cutter it came with a keyspan (USA-19HS) it worked fine no big deal. :)

Well until it stopped working Ken suggested cables and a new serial to usb adapter. So I went

to my local store and got a intagraded cable adapter. Plugged it in and BAMB!! it works :)

So a few weeks ago I deside to upgrade my programs so I got Illy cs4 and the rest of the Adobe

design programs. This is where things go bad. I spend a bunch of time one the programs making a

lot of new things and finaly deside to do some cutting :) Yep, Signcut X2 does not work with CS4

So after a bit signcut offers up there new beta version of signcut pro Sweet!! now the fun begins.

that was over a week ago. Remember the part about going to cut bunch of stuff ie clients wanting

to see there NEW vinyl :P So I still can't cut I have got 3 new integrated cable usb to serial adpters

but nothing is working? I have got a tec in to reset my ports on my computer and reload the drivers

but no luck. I tried running over my computer with my truck but......just kidding ;D

Any thoughs...I'm looking in Vancouver for a Keyspan but I have not found them yet I was going to

order one from US Cutter but It is going to cost $48.00 shipping My last order to my shock!! was $56.92

Shipping for 1 pack of blades and 2 pen holders (only two because I didn't notice one on the form :P)

Really is not worth the shipping.

Sorry for the rant. Ok so really I don't know what to do? I know I can go back to SignCut X2 but

it comes with problems also and eventualy I will have to fix this issue. The part I don't get is

why does it not work now when before it worked not problem I did not even unplug the

cutter??

thanks for the time

Keith

Ok I know someone is smarter than me out there???

Please this is killing me I have not been able to cut anything for a week and a half now.

Any help???

Keith

How about downloading SignBlazer for free? It will accept files from Illy CS4, as long as you save them in Illustrator 8 format.