Sign in to follow this  
MitchR

Looking for sign blanks?

I have a customer wanting a 4' x 8' sign.  I was thinking about using a piece of aluminum, but Im not sure where to find it or if that is the best thing to use.  It is going to replace an old sheet of plywood that is rotted.  She originally wanted a banner to put over the old sign but I thought it would look better with just a new sign.  Does anyone know about how much a sheet of aluminum would cost and if that is a good thing to  use and where I can get one from locally, well if I can find it at my local hardware store.  Thanks for the help in advance!!!!

If you have a place that does commercial windows locally see if they have any thick plexi glass. You could paint the back side and apply your vinyl to the front. Or apply your vinyl to the back side and then paint over the back side.

I helped a friend do a sign like that for his business. He had somone cut the letters for him. When I saw what they charged for the letters and the cost of the machine to start out I decided to start my own little shop.