Sign in to follow this  
print n tyme

HELP! LP cutting text on top of each other

Hey, I'm the new guy in town...I just my LP last week and I'm new to the cutter world. I got it set up and cut my first sign (text only) and it came out fairly nice. However, when I attempted to cut another sign with four words, two different fonts, most of the letters ran on top of each other. For instance the word "SCOTT" the s and the c were meshed together and the o and the t's were pushed together. Anyone know what going on??? All of the fonts i'm using are in SBE and look fine on the computer screen.

Also alot of the letters were not cut solid (however i now think that was because my pressure was set too low)

Any help would be great!!!

In the cutter menu, there is a a'save space" tab in the upper left. make sure none of the options are checked.

Hey Jay - I never noticed that tab there. Wow ... I be edu-ma-cated.

PnT: There are some font that have letters overlappin one another (i.e. script, etc.). When it comes to fonts like that, the cutter will naturally cut each letter individually and end-up cutting the overlapping lines as well. In a case like that use the 'weld' in SBE so that it see it as one entity rather than numerous ones.

If you're still running into trouble after Jay's advice, attach your SBE file to a reply and let use take a look at it.  :huh:

That was one of the first things I learned about SignBlazer All of my text was scrunched together down in the corner.

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. I CHANGED SOME SETTINGS, BUT I ALSO NOTICED THAT WHEN MY TOP FLAP WAS CLOSED DOWN THE BLADE CARRIER WAS RUBBING UP AGAINST IT. SO I LEAVE IT PARTY OPEN AND EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD NOW! I MADE A FEW SIGNS SO FAR...THEN IT OCCURRED TO ME "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SET MY PRICES FOR SIGNS?:huh:?" I'VE ONLY BEEN MAKING T-SHIRTS AND NOW WITH THE CAPABILITY AND NEW MARKETS I NEED HELP ON WHERE TO PUT MY PRICES.

SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGES WITH SUGGESTED PRICES THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I'M IN OHIO JUST SO YOU KNOW THE REGION....THANKS AGAIN...LOVE THE FORUM

glad you got it to work.

1. turn the caps off.

2. what cap? the only moving parts are the blade carriage, traction feeder, and pinch rollers.

3. if you need help with pricing, try looking in the business practices bulletin board or doing a search.

:huh: