Sign in to follow this  
Nikki

Help cutter going nuts

Hi, I have my first big job and my cutter is cutting the middle of a "g" out over and over and over again, if I didn't shut down the cutter down, it would keep going.

I did adjust my pressure settings and my speed today, thought it would solve my problem with the blade skipping. I'm so frustrated! :'(

Nikki, as I have learned...BREATH! First, if you need help, you need to give people your specs. Cutter model, PC/Mac, software then someone will come along and help you.

Dazzel

Nikki, I don't have a lazerpoint so I am of no use but I am sure someone will be here shortly to help you out. Everyone here is VERY helpful

Dazzel

Hey Nikki,

Have you only had problems with this particular cut? When you say that it is cutting the middle of a g out over and over.. does this keep happening if you restart the machine? If you send a different file to the cutter does it still cut the same thing over and over? Are you using usb or serial?

thanks for the advice guys! I took a better look at the graphic and for some unknown reason the graphic had about 50 layers of the same color! such a easy fix but took me so long to figure out!!!!!!!

Nikki, that is ok, my first cut was the EXACT same thing, lol. I cut stripes for my wifes Mini and I destroyed rolls of free vinyl, but learned a lesson.

welcome to the club ;D

Wayne

LOL...me too Wayne  ;D

Nikki, welcome to the wonderful things you will encounter with a cutter :P  I have learned to look over the file I am ready to cut over, and over, and over again before I cut to see if I had missed anything.

Good Luck

Dazzel