Sign in to follow this  
designchicks

Need Help!

I'm new at this and trying to learn as I go.  ;D Does anyone know how to create an object in Corel that I can later import to signcut and have it cut out.  When I tried to draw something like a stick figure, it only cuts a hairline and not as wide as it shows in Corel.  How do I create it so it will cut out the figure.  If I'm not clear let me know.  Not very good with the correct words yet...like I said...still learning. 

Desperatly,

Camilla

www.alphabetgardendesigns.com

what version of corel are you using?  sounds like your program cut exactly  what was drawn.  if you could draw a heart, it will cut out a heart. to see exactly what the cut will look like change the "view" from normal to wireframe. this will show you exactly what the cut will be.

design using the hairline option for your pen setting. this will more accurately show you what your finished cut will look like.

if you need any further help, e mail me direct. take care, daniel t

This may or may not be useful but, if you draw your line in say 12 point outline (or whatever) then use the "Convert outline to object" command it will create an object the width and length of the line that you have drawn. 

So you could try drawing your stick figure in a hairline, weld all the pieces together, make the outline of your welded object say 8pt.  Then Convert outline to object.  Look at it in wireframe mode to see if you have the desired results.  Note that the original line drawing will be under ther new object so you need to move one or the other so you aren't seeing them both together in wirefame mode.  I think it is easier to do than to explain, I hope it makes some sense..