Sign in to follow this  
kburk

Plug in for Illustrator CS4

Does anyone have a plug in for Illy CS4

I can not get any of my files I make in cs4 to go to

Signcut and work!! I tryed sign cut help but??

And adobe just keeps telling me there looking in to it.

Right now I'm stalled with now way to get my programs working togeather

I'm pretty sure it is something I'm doing but how knows :-

Thanks

Keith

The current version of Signcut does not have a CS4 plugin but the new version does. The new version Productivity Pro is due to be released shortly and we apologize for the delay. Unfortunately we are in the middle of creating a new support system prior to actually releasing the new version and do not want to strand our users during an upgrade without a state of the art support system in place.

For those of you who would like to beta test the new version we do have a limited number of licenses available on a trial basis so please drop us a line at support@sc-x2.com

In the mean time to send files from CS4 do this, save the file as an eps version 8 or earlier with the text converted to curves in the program files/signcut/import directory then launch Signcut and click import. The import button tells Signcut to look for the most recent file in that directory and will import it.

Ok so I saved it as eps Illy 8 but it still does not show the text in my file :'(

Any help would be great I need to get this work out today

thanks

Keith

Thanks I can cut it in signcut now

I emailed support, Kimon

thanks

Keith

Got Signcut pro the Beta version today but it won't cut It see my cutter I think but it just stalls on the cut.

I tried emailing signcut support but I really have no luck there. Are the in a diffrent time zone mabye??

If any one has any thoughts I would be great to get the cutter working it have been down now for allmost a week :'(

thanks Keith

I got a email back this morning from signcut asking my settings for my plotter. I gave them my settings and right away emailed back.

I have waited all day for a response but nothing. :lol: I hope other people have better luck with signcut because I just about done with them! I have been working on this issue with for a week now Sign cut does not work with Illy CS4 but there new program will they say. They where very nice to give me a pre-release version of signcut pro but it will not cut at all. I think it is settings but at this point I don't know.

I don't know what to say I would assume I will here nothing until Monday?? if anyone has options at this point I would love to here them :-

Keith

Hi,

Because I had problems with the normal version I was asked to test the SC X2 PRO beta too.

But this version for contour cut was 2 steps down compared to the current version.

Program locked when hitting the red cross in right top corner if you need to abort contoue cut.

Task manager was not able to close the program and only reboot PC was working.

Took this version off rigth away.

I thought PRO was an older version but it seems now it is a newer one! ;-)

Found a workaround in SCX2 for my Corel X4 files to be contour cut by plug in.

Tip open the .eps file from illustrator in X4.

There the plug in works fine when you hit "SEND IT TO SIGNCUTX2"

Concerning settings asked by support.

What are you machine settings and what are your plotter settings.

Does the TESTCUT from SCX2 works?

Does any other simple cutter program works?

Regards, Paco

I use the same plug-in as used for CS2.

It goes straight to SignCut from CS4.

Only thing different is that a box pops up and I have to hit replace. to get SignCut to read the new file.

Dave