Sign in to follow this  
Guest missy

usb device malfunction

Guest missy

I am using windows vista finally got the cutter to cut the right size but when it is finished cutting I get this usb device malfunction at that point my mouse and key-board does not work.  I have thought about switching to serial port but my computer does not have the correct type port to plug in.  Is there an adapter or something you can use or if you know how to fix the usb problem please help.

thanks Missy

You could try and set the USB to a higher COM port, the one being used might be conflicting with your other USB devices.

Guest missy

Are you talking about the com for the cutter.  It is already set to com8.

Yes, for the cutter using the USB. Maybe set it to COM10, then change the setting in SignCut as well.

Guest missy

I spoke with dell yesterday and they had me download the vista driver for my mouse and keyboard.  It does not give me that conflit anymore, but I cut a number 23x29 two color and I had to restart the computer between the cuts.  When this happens it makes it really hard to layer the two colors because the registration marks are not the same.  What could be causing this?  Thanks for your help.

Why did you need to restart the computer? Did it lock up? Give you an error? We could try uninstalling and reinstalling the software now that Dell had you download a new driver for your USB devices.

Guest missy

After the first cut I change the paper and then cut again and it does nothing.  I went to settings for the cutter and the com port for the cutter is not there.  I can restart the computer and it is there then.

Yeah mine does that too i'll do a cut  and than my com drops and it's not there and  have to restart the coputer then it's there again let me know if you guys get it figured out

It only happens with some computers, so it is not easy to troubleshoot. I think it has something to do with Windows and USB IRQ assignments, but can not seem to nail down how to work around it, other than unplugging the cable, closing SignCut down, and reopening. Sometimes even rebooting.

Guest missy

Last night I went to file and then cut and it worked fine.  I did not have to restart my computer.  I am now having problems with the image size.  It is not cutting out the size it is set to in signcut. 

Do you have SignCut set to inches under settings? You might check that, and the size of what you are cutting should be in the fields under the Image button in SignCut.