CRD

simple contour cut does not respond to input to adjust regmarks (solved)

Hi,

I just received a PCUT with laser and signed up for SIGNCUT X2 as it has the contour function which I will use 99% of the time.

I can cut (test plot) all from corel X4 without any problem.

But when I like to contour cut and follow the steps when I come to the screen where you have to adjust the laser to the registration marks, the software keys (RED) and the keyboard arrow keys do not respond.

Sometimes after some clicks suddenly it works but 90% of the time not.

Have tried different things with the set up of the cutter an dthe software but to no avail.

Some one ever had the same problem?

Do no tknow if this is CorelX4 or signcut X2 problem.

Signcut is registered but can not yet make a help ticket so therefor my question here first.

Regards, Paco

I don't think the PCuts are set up to contour cut. they do not recognize the "Jog" command.

HI,

Thanks for you answer.

They PCUT USCUTTER CREATION 24 Laser point machines can be set up with X2 (latest version) for manual contour cut so that is not the problem.

There is a full manual and video how to do it too.

If I adjust the offset of the laser to the knife (special item) I also have to use the jog key or the key board arrow keys and they function ALL the time. So this is more related to the software locking in commands somewhere when doing the left and right marks.

Paco

I don't think the PCuts are set up to contour cut. they do not recognize the "Jog" command.

I didnt even think they had a laser..

Wayne

After an answer form Signcut support that did not solved the problem I took an other desktop PC.

Installed Corel version 12 and the Signcut program, cost me one lease!

Did not changed any setting in driver , XP or signcutX2 and there it seem to work perfectly.

Only difference is the Corel X4 I use on the laptop.

Will check the desktop too to see if it is LAPTOP hardware or X4 causing the problem.

Paco

this may be a stupid question, but if you had a cutter that didn't have a laser, could you not just tape a laser pointer onto the cutting carriage?

I had initially thought before I bought mine that the laser actually "read" something on the vinyl or something.  Or if you didn't want to tape a laser on there, just jog the blade until it was on top of the registration mark and set the offset to zero?

yes this works adding a lserpointer.

I have also made a thread for it. Search on CRD and you will find it.

Just for the lazyness I bought a factory equipped laser pointer machine.

I will add al laser myself if I have time in the future to show it works.

Signcut X2 if you read the manual correctly can cut contour also with a plotter pen.

But then you have the hassle to switch pen en cutter holder everytime.

As I need 99% contour cut I bought the laser pointer.

I hope this helps,

Paco

Hi,

For your information I got it all working.

But suddenly it all stops again.

With help from the seller I was advised to close the antivirus program and open the fire wall.

As the PC is not used for web browsing and is behind the network router firewall I think it could not harm. And yes suddenly it all worked again.

Did several plots and contour plots and reboot pc several times to see if all was still working OK. And it did. So I got to sleep with a good feeling.

Next evening starting up the pc and cutter.

Yes, nothing to work again!!!!! 

Finally after some fiddling in XP USB COM port settings it worked again.

But is this the cause?

My question is what are LP24 cutter (USB ONLY) using as XP USB comport settings?

Hardware? XOn XOFF? None.

Did you do something with USB legacy?

I suspect that somewhere in speed or handshaking something goes wrong.

But need to find out if I am correct.

If some one can publish screen shots of a working XP operating system with setting of USB cm port and the settings used in Flexi and or Signcut.

Thanks in advance,

Paco

Hi, for your information.

Currently it works 99% of the time.

Still sorting out some handling issues of X2 itself.

formated the desktop pc and installed fresh XP without firewall or virus scanner.

Used the latest .exe file for the FTDI USB to serial driver.

Make sure your windows device manager comport driver is set to HARDWARE.

Make sure the plotter setting in X2 has same setting which standard is HARDWARE too.

Do not mark or unmark CTS or other boxes in the standard plotter hardware setting from X2.

Paco

post-3682-12986531817912_thumb.gif

post-3682-12986531818669_thumb.gif

post-3682-12986531832594_thumb.gif

post-3682-12986531833207_thumb.gif