Sign in to follow this  
momof2boys

Need HELP with finding different items to download?

Hi! I am still learning how to use the software. I can cut letters just fine. But how do you find different graphics like hearts, trains, cars, etc? I searched online and can find sites where you doenload free graphics but how do you then get them to sign blazer? Also is there some software I need to purchase to make it easier than using sign blazer's trial version?

Thanks in advance for any help! I am cutting letters to resell on children's storage containers and other gift items in my store!

Download them to your computer then File + Import. Make sure that the type of files you save is selected in the lower left box on the import window.

I do that and it gives me a message that says the drawing contains a bitmap and then when I try to cut it and it will not cut. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

File need to be vector graphics to cut. You have a raster or bitmap image. Search for Vectorizing in the Signblazer forum you will find instruction. There is also a Graphic Request section where you can find redy to cut images.

I'm a beginner rookie myself but here is what I've learned so far about cutting images in SBE.

Defined line EPS images work best but you can convert any image with SBE to try.

Under File click on Import. Browse to the image you want to cut, select it, and click OK. Select the image and resize it to the finished size you want. Under Image move to Mode then over to click on Monochrome 1 bit. A window will pop up that reads "Convert to Monochrome 1 bit". Click on OK. Then go back to image on the menu bar and click on vectorise. Another window will  pop up. Click on OK.  Don't change any settings in these popup windows, just choose OK.  The Monochrome, Vectorised image will now be displayed. It will actually have the converted image duplicated and selected. If you hit the delete button it should remove the original image so you just have a single image on screen. At this point it should cut. If the image looks like you want you can also go to File and export it as an EPS file or you can just save it as a SBE file. Saving it as an SBE file is best. Sometimes the exported EPS file doesn't show back up.

The above steps will make a pretty radical change to the image you started with if it was anything other than a clean EPS file. Some will cut right and a lot more won't. The best test is to size the finished work to fit on paper and use your pen to draw it. That will reveal whether or not it will cut clean or have lines you don't want. After you get it to draw like you want then you can size it to your work space and cut it.

To give you an idea of how bad it changes some images I copied this bat image off the net and converted it while I wrote this.

Here is the original image:

bat-1.gif

And here is a scan of the converted and drawn image:

bat.jpg

As you can see the results are not always desirable. Hope to learn how to make images more clear as I try different things. I fooled around with this one some more today and got it a little better but not enough to bother posting.