Hi everyone. I have a customer that wants me to cut the vinyl for a

sign he needs. He will be applying it to his own sign. I am just

cutting the vinyl and getting it ready to apply. So here is what he is

wanting. Total I will be using 4 colors of vinyl. There will be one

image that will be about 14"x17" then there will be 2 pin stripes at

about 3"x54"long. Then the rest text,two phrases with about 3 words

each that will be 42"x6" and 37"x5" then text(phone

number,address,etc) that will be 35"x15". So what would you charge for

something like this? That is going to use alot of vinyl,and materials.

If you can give me any advice it would be great! Thanks! Heather

Can anyone help me with this? Please! I need to let the customer know something asap. Would $100 be to much or too cheap for this job? Any help at all would be great! Thanks

I am just getting started, don't even have my cutter yet....so I can only give you what I plan on doing and a little experience helping my cousin working with his business and couter.  I think alot of pricing depends on your market, experience, and being able to do things others can't or aren't willing to do.

With that said....I priced some decals for a friend.  I worked up my cost per sq/in per color, took that times the square inches per decal to get price percolor, and then took that times the colors to get price of entire vinyl for  the number of colors to get the cost of my vinyl.  I know that cost is a little high, because not every color willl need the full square inches of vinyl used, but I like to figure on the high side.  I then figured the cost per square inch of transfer paper, and figured out how much worth of transfer paper I have in it.  He had some quotes from others on doing the same thing in the past....I was able to take my cost of the decal and triple it and still come in about 15 dollars below their quote.  Since he is a friend, we agreed on that price.  I know I am getting a 3x return on my money...actually a little more.  He provided me with clean files that were easy to convert, and he is also installing the sign so I figure labor in the equation.

The important thing is to get an accurate idea of your cost, cover that plus what you want to pay yourself for doing the work.  Hope that maybe gives you an idea of how I am going to go about it at least.

If I added it up right you have around 10.58 square feet.

Apply the $9.00 a square foot rule and $100.00 should work.

Have fun,

Jon