Sign in to follow this  
Vinyl Works

New COPAM cp-4050, no cut from Flexi

I'm running the new cp-4050 of my Sony laptop with VISTA and Flexi Starter 8.5.  This computer does not have a serial port, just 4 USB.  I have to run USB to USB. I have not downloaded a print driver for the cp-4050 because should be a plug and play. My computer does not even see a device when I plug it into the USB port.  Please help.

Could be that Windows already found the USB driver and has assigned a COM port # to the connection already. Just check your Device Manager in the Ports category to see if it shows up when you plug the USB cbale in.

What is DGI OM-60? 

I just reset the Production Manager because it was not reading COM6.  I turned off the COPAM and PC to reset evething.  The Production Manager was then able to see COM6, so I "set up" the device under COM6 and still no output from Flexi, also tried a test cut from the Production Manager.  No jobs are showing up under the status bar.

I know we can make this work.

All set up under DGI OM-60 COM6. Double checked to make sure USB is under COM6 from the Device Manager.  Still no reaction from the cutter when I send a cut from Flexi or a test cut from the Production Manager.

Thanks to Ken, a simple final power on and off of the COPAM is all it took.  SO SIMPLE and sweet.  I love my new COPAM CP4050.