Sign in to follow this  
haumana

HD Utilties?

Anyone out there know of some decent hard drive utilities?

I'm primarily looking for something that do what Norton's Disk Doctor did. I know that Windows has its own scan disk, but quite honestly, it sucks. I need to be able to see the log after the disk has been scanned. Win Doctor also rocked and was a totally awesome tool.

I really liked Nortons SystemWorks bundle, but it just ate up too many resources in the background and always caused the system to hang during shutdown. For those reasons alone I tossed the entire suite and went straight to Kaspersky for AV stuff.

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Mahalo!

Awesome Five, thanks! But ... how do I get the .iso or the CD itself?  :angel:

Mahalo! What apps have you used from this CD? There's just soooo many things on it. Wow.

I downloaded it unziped it I read the read me file but when I click the patch I get not found?

What am I doing wrong?

Guest fivestar

Mahalo! What apps have you used from this CD? There's just soooo many things on it. Wow.

I've used many of them, but the one I use almost daily is active password changer (or something like that).  People are always bringing me machines in with passworded windows and that puppy will take 'em off every time.

It just depends on what is wrong with the machine as to what program I run. 

Guest fivestar

I downloaded it unziped it I read the read me file but when I click the patch I get not found?

What am I doing wrong?

Patch?  I take it you're talking about the keyboard patch.  I honestly have never used that.  What you need to do is download, unzip it then it's an .iso file you need to burn it to a cd using nero or whatever software you have that'll burn .iso files.