I am having problems with the cutter.  The cutter will not close the cuts.  Some letters are completed but some have gaps and do not finish the cut at the start/stop point.  I currently using Casmate as software to cut, I will try to move to Corel, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem.

I spoke with tsilachai about a few things to try over the weekend. It may be a knife offset or some other setting with the Casmate software. He said he'd let me know the results once he has a chance to test.

Hello,I am having the same issue.

Please i would like to have some info about it too.

I export/import files from corel & AI.

THANKS

Hello, this issue seems to have just come up recently with a couple of customers so I'd like to talk to you over the phone so we can narrow down what the problem might be. I've sent you an email at your hotmail address with our contact info. If anyone else is having this problem please send me an email with as much information as you can including which plotter you are using and what software you have tried cutting with.

These problems are typically related to the "knife offset" setting within the sign cutting software.  Many software programs default to zero for this setting, which is inappropriate for the Roland style blade that matches these plotters.  Please make sure that you have the correct knife offset setting.

Marcel has told me that some of the recent customers who have complained about this issue are have confirmed a correct setting for the knife offset.  My next recommendation is to go into Signcut and zoom in on the corners that are not joining.  I have found cases where customers had inadvertently set a line thickness setting in Adobe Illustrator which caused corners / lines to not join.

If there are other customers experiencing this problem.  Please let us know what software you are using and the exact nature of the problem.  There are two situations that can occur - one is where each letter / shape is not joining completely and leaving a small, uncut gap.  This makes it difficult to effectively weed.  The other problem is where shapes are not joing because they are not connecting on the where they should be, overlapping cuts, etc.  This would be described as a tracking issue as opposed to a knife offset issue.  If we can narrow it down to one of these two issues, we should be able to more quickly resolve any problems.  If we cannot find a resolution we will need to have a plotter sent in so that we can replicate the issue.

- Marcus

MH721 

Sign cut

LPT1 

We have the same problem, Cut's are not clean letters are not closed, I tried to cut " Suite D " the bottom of the e ia all wavie

the bottom of the D is bigger than it should be and is not closed. It was working fine We had just made a couple of cuts that came out fine on the same roll.

I'm having the same problem. I use illustrator and go right to FILE and then SEND TO SIGNCUT. Some letters are all cut cleanly and some aren't cut all the way. There is a small space at the bottom. I have my blade off set to 0.03 that I saw on the forums. Is there anything else I can do to fix this because it is starting to get annoying.

Guest fivestar

Zoom in on your letters in Illustrator before sending it to Signcut and be sure they are all connected.

Ya all the letters are closed in illustrator because all I do is convert the text to outlines which goes to line art and shows everything is fine. Even when I look at it in Signcut it shows closed and all but does not close on the plotter.

I would try saving it as an eps instead of ai.And then I would run it with a pen on poster board to see if the cuts are completing.I have my offset at .025.I don't think .030 would make that much difference because I'm pretty sure .032 is the max.

no that did not work... I went all the way to .032 and my ( D ) is still not closed and my ( e )   is still wavie on the bottom.

I am not at a machine with Signcut at the moment, but I think that knife offset can be set in metric and imperial units.  Make sure you are using the correct units....  Next, I would say if letters are not closing, keep increasing offset until they do. This, however, does not cause the problem with waves in the letters.  I would say, first make sure that the carriage is on the tracks correctly.  Next, I would make sure that the blade turns freely in the blade holder....  If that doesn't work, pictures certainly would help with the diagnosis.

well I finally figured out my problem with the letters. I was fooling around and just figured to put the offset to 0.00 and it worked great. If anyone wants to try it. It worked for me.

MH1351, I'm having the same problem. I use CASE MATE and FLEXI, how change the offset in this programs?

In flexi,go to the default job properties in the production manager - go to the last tab with the knife icon on it and go down to knife offset and set it from .025 to .032.I would start with .025.At least that's what I use.I can't help you with the other program because I've never seen it.

I'm having the same problem.... letters are not closing all the way leaving small sections still attached while weeding.  I've set the offset from 0.000 to 0.032 without any resolution.  I've checked the image in zoom mode and everything is closed prior to sending it to the cutter.  Files are saved as *.AI files and opened in Signcut

SIGNCUT X2

Adobe Illustrator CS2

I have never had anything but problems with a file saved in ai format.I always save them as eps format and have no problems.